Catholic Social Services is a multi-function social service agency that serves people of all faiths and cultures throughout central Alberta.
Founded in 1961 by Monsignor Bill Irwin, the Agency's mandate is to improve quality of life through the development of responsive and innovative programs that serve the social, emotional, intellectual, physical, and spiritual needs of clients.
Catholic Social Services offers more than 100 programs, including:
- Individual and family counselling
- Group care and foster care for children and youth
- In-home family support services, home care services
- Settlement support services for immigrants and refugees
- Residential and outreach programs for persons with physical and/or developmental disabilities
- Residential and outreach programs for persons living with HIV/AIDS
- Referral and support services for elderly adults experiencing abuse or neglect
Geographic Service Area
To ensure a community-based response to developing and delivering services, Catholic Social Services is organized into four geographic regions across central Alberta.
These regions are:
- Sherwood Park
- St. Albert
- Stony Plain
East Central Alberta Region
- M.D. of Provost
- County of Vermilion River #24
- M.D. of Wainwright
Wetaskiwin Camrose Region
- Drayton Valley
West Central Alberta Region
- Red Deer
Click here to learn more about Catholic Social Services.