A little help can do a world of good.
The Monsignor Wm. Irwin International Development Fund offers a one-time grant of up to $5,000 to help a group of people (primarily outside North America) to improve the quality of their life, maximize potential and support them in their endeavors to gain a greater independence and a better sense of well being.
Recipients of the fund are chosen through an application process and each applicant is considered on its own merit – without regard to race, gender, disability, health, national origin, religion, colour, creed or sexual orientation.
Grants will be considered where:
1. There is a bona fide project/program supported by the local authorities/communities.
2. The sponsoring group/organization has demonstrated commitment to the project/program by providing matching financial support or in kind services to the project/ program.
3. There is evidence of the need for financial assistance.
Application Deadlines Applications (preferably in English) may be submitted year round and will be reviewed by the Monsignor Wm. Irwin International Development Fund Committee in April and September of each year.
Application Information Required
1. The name of the organization; legal and/or postal address; description of the organization/ group seeking financial assistance; organizational mission, goals, and objectives; development and plans; achievements; name, title, and contact information for the individual responsible for the implementation of the project/program.
2. Project Information: A description of the project; goals and objectives; new or on-going project; duration of the project; evidence of local participation or involvement; accomplishments; desired outcomes.
3. Organization/Project Viability and Financial Accountability: This includes evidence of the organization/program viability and effectiveness, progress reports, audited financial statements.
4. Justification for the Project: The importance of the project in the context of the local community; the need(s) the project meets; working together with the local people, community, other service providers.
5. Detailed Budget: a total cost of the project/program; matching financial support and/or services in kind received from the local community and other funders; amount requested from the Fund.
6. Letters of Support: a written support for the project by head of local diocese, religious community/group, government ministry and/or agency.
Commitment/Responsibility of Grant Recipient
Unless otherwise determined by the Committee, the final report and an audited financial statement are due within 90 days upon completion of the project. Five per cent (5%) of the grant will be retained and will only be released upon receipt of the final report and an audited financial statement. Any project/program supported may also be visited by a representative of the Committee or by other people authorized by the Committee.
Cancellation of a Grant
The Committee, acting on behalf of Catholic Charities Society, has a right to discontinue payments or to withdraw funding at any time if the Committee believes that the funded project/ program:
1. Fails in its mandate to improve the service recipient’s quality of life
2. Provides false information in its application or presentation.
3. Changes its goals substantially without prior agreement by the Committee
4. Uses funds for purposes other than those specified in the project/program
Applications can be mailed to:
Catholic Charities Society
8815 99 Street
Edmonton, AB T6E 3V3